I- Records logged
When the user connects to Banco Central do Brasil website, the following information is logged:
- the date and time of the visit;
- pages viewed;
- the type of browser;
- IP address(*2);
- the action the user tried to execute (i.e. download of a document) and if the user succeeded;
- the address of the referring website, in case the user was directed to Banco Central do Brasil website.
The following information related to electronic messages can be recorded:
- user name;
- user location (city, state and country);
- message content;
- IP address.
II - Use of Information
- The information collected by the Banco Central do Brasil website or provided by the user, is recorded and stored in our database, in accordance with safety standards and confidentiality and integrity policies.
- Personal or confidential information is treated by specialized and trained personnel, in accordance with ethical, legal and moral precepts. Supplying this information to a third party or using it for different means than those for which it was collected will only occur by command of courts of law. The employees who, for any reason, make inappropriate use of the information are subject to legal and disciplinary sanctions. The Institution may send messages to users, whenever necessary.
*1 - A file saved on the users computer by a website to keep track of the actions performed during navigation.
*2 - Internet Protocol - a number given to the user session as soon as he connects to the Internet.